You can use almost any berry for this basic cobbler recipe. I picked a few apples from my tree today and made an apple and strawberry cobbler that brought smiles in the house. I usually use boysenberries, but if you have a bunch of fruit in the fridge that is going to go bad before you can eat it, cobbler is the solution. A peach cobbler with ice cream on top will make your day!
4 cups fresh berries
1/4 cup flour
1 3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
juice of 1/2 lemon
2 Tbs. butter, cut up
1 cup Bisquick or biscuit mix
2 Tbs. sugar
1/2 cup milk or water
1 1/2 tsp. sugar (for topping)
2. Mix first 6 ingredients and pour into prepared baking dish.
3. Add butter pieces over the top of the fruit mixture.
4. In a small bowl, mix Bisquick, 2 Tbs. sugar and milk. Dollop over the fruit mixture. I don’t worry about spreading around – it will spread during the baking process.
5. Sprinkle 1 1/2 tsp. sugar over the top.
6. Bake at 425° for 40 minutes or until golden brown.