I love this lemony bar and I challenge you to have just one bar.
I think I’ve had this recipe since high school. A classic and easy lemon bar.
1 cup flour
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3 Tbs. lemon juice – Meyer, if you have it
2 Tbs. flour
1/4 tsp. baking powder
powdered sugar for dusting on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8-inch square pan.
- Sift together 1 cup flour and 1/4 cup powdered sugar.
- Cut in butter to pea-sized pieces. Pour into greased pan. No need to press down.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar and lemon juice until it thickens a bit and smooth. (About 8-10 minutes.)
- In a separate small bowl, stir together 2 Tbs. flour and baking powder. Add to the egg mixture.
- Your crust should be ready. Pour the egg mixture over the baked layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Sift powdered sugar over the top and cool.