You can’t go wrong with this standard peanut butter cookie recipe. Note that I like to roll the peanut butter ball on a plate with a little bit of sugar.
1 1/4 cups flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Heat oven to 375°.
- Dry whisk together flour, soda and salt in a small bowl.
- In a mixer, beat butter and peanut butter together. Beat in both sugars and then beat in egg and vanilla. Slowly add dry ingredients.
- Prepare a small plate with 2 tablespoons of sugar. Also have a small cup with water and a fork handy.
- Roll in palms about 1-inch of dough and then roll dough ball in plate of sugar. Place on ungreased jelly roll pan. Dip fork into water and then make hash marks on each dough ball with the tines.
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for a minute, then remove cookies to wire rack.
Store and eat them right out of the freezer.