Since my last post on preserving corn, I have been looking for a new recipe to use up the leftover corn. I found a recipe on Pinterest (Cooking Classy) and it was a huge hit at my house. Daughter said, “Add this to the recipe book, immediately.” So, here it is with a few modifications from yours truly:
White Chili with Chicken
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut up into small chunks
1 med. onion, diced
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 quart chicken broth
1 small can diced green chilies
1 1/2 tsp. cumin
3/4 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. ground coriander or 1/3 bunch of fresh cilantro
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 (8 oz.) pkg light cream cheese
1 1/4 cup fresh or frozen corn
2 (15 oz.) cans Cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
1 Tbs. fresh lime juice
Monterrey Jack cheese, for serving
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot. Add chicken and diced onion. Saute until chicken is cooked through. Add garlic and saute a minute longer.
2. Add chicken broth, green chilies, cumin, paprika, oregano, coriander, cayenne pepper and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil then simmer 15 minutes.
3. Add cream cheese and stir until melted. Stir in corn and cannellini beans. Simmer for another 10 minutes uncovered.
4. Using an immersion blender, blend until its smooth but still a little chunky. Simmer another 15 minutes. Stir in fresh lime juice.
5. Garnish with shredded Monterrey Jack cheese and chopped cilantro. My family likes to add additional lime juice to their bowls.